Manchester and beyond, September 14th to 21st 2011
Ethical Enterprise Day
ArcSpace Manchester, Manchester Business School and the CADIC Cluster programme would like to invite you to our free one day event for innovative entrepreneurs on 14th September as the launch of the Hackademia festival (www.hackademia.org.uk)
Venue: Manchester Business School, Booth Street East, Manchester, Gtr Manchester M15 6PB Tel. 0161 275 6303
10.00am: Welcome Session
- Introduction with Fabi Borges (DesCentro, Brasil)
- Welcome from Dr Anita Greenhill
- Christine Lester (West Midlands Tomorrow, Ltd) Minster Development Centre, WIN (Women Innovating Networking-EU)
- Professor Patrick Humphreys (London School of Economics, CADIC cluster initiative (EU FP7)
- Jonathan Atkinson – Togetherworks
- Vicky Sinclair – ArcSpace Manchester and CADIC ArcSpace cluster
- Sissy Rooney – Street Style Surgery
- Tony Wright (tbc) – Manchester Youth Village
- Jo Bird – Co-operative Business Consultants
- Fred Garnet – MOSI along and other initiatives
12.45 to 1.30pm: Lunch and networking
The afternoon will consist of afternoon consultations and incubator style activities. ( 2 sessions)
1.30 to 2.50pm (break for 10 mins)
3.00 to 4.20pm (break for 10 mins)
- Ethical Enterprise
- Women in Enterprise
- Universities/Community engagement and enterprise
- CADIC Enterprise Cluster Workshop (runs for both sessions)
- Did Universities play a role in the riots in Manchester?
- Stitched upSwaperama
Each participant will get the opportunity to participate in thinktank activity and also to ask experts and mentors a question relevant to their situation which they will receive support on.
4.30-5.00pm: Wrap up
There will then be a main feedback session in the Main lecture hall and information about the rest of the festival and other exciting opportunities and initiatives in Manchester.
All participants will receive a Certificate of Participation as a delegate for the event which contains recognition of achievement by MBS, LSE, CADIC, MMU and other partner organisations.
Should you have any questions about the activity or would like to register please email the registration part of this message to email@example.com or call ArcSpace Manchester 0161 820 6492 (between 11am and 4pm monday to friday – no answering machine).